Castle Hohenschwangau

Hohenschwangau Castle is located directly opposite Neuschwanstein Castle in the Hohenschwangau district of Schwangau near Füssen in Bavaria.

The name is probably derived from the Castrum Swangowe, which was first mentioned in 1090.

The Lords of Schwangau lived here as ministers of the Guelphs. With the death of Welfs VI. in 1191 this property fell to the Staufer family. After Konradin's death in 1268, the property passed to the empire. The knights of Schwangau had received the castle as a fief.

Type | Technique | Theme
Country

...

Picture 1: Castle Hohenschwangau

...

Picture 2: Castle Hohenschwangau

...

Picture 3: Castle Hohenschwangau

...